Each Committee shall select, at a minimum, a Chairperson, who will be primarily responsible for supervising and directing all Committee activities. Co-Chairperson(s) shall also be selected to provide assistance and backup in the Chairperson's absence.
To carry out the responsibilities of the Chapter, each Committee shall perform specific tasks for the benefit of all members. Each Committee shall create written procedures for each of its tasks and submit them to the Chapter Officers for final approval.
- Vice President
- Administration Chair
- Administration Co-Chair
- Education and Training Chair
- Education and Training Co-Chair
- Social Media and Marketing Chair
- Social Media and Marketing Co-Chair
- Technology Chair
- Technology Co-Chair
- Organizing and maintaining the EU Conference Room.
- Answering incoming messages.
- Keeping all bulletin boards in EU room current, neat, and professional in appearance.
- Providing members with membership badge.
- Recording membership attendance of both the general meeting and the various committee meetings.
- Membership attendance cards are recorded onto the computer for use by EDD.
- Distributing weekly general meeting agendas and minutes.
- Maintaining records of membership status, both active and inactive members.
- Recording and sorting membership roster alphabetically, by committee assignments, and date of membership.
- Collecting monthly donations and expeditions of office supplies and minor incidentals.
- Submitting membership status report to EDD, which includes the number of active members, new members, and inactive members having been removed from the active membership roster.
- Scheduling additional room as required for meeting in EDD schedule book.
- Coordination of speakers for the monthly general meeting/speaker's forum.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING COMMITTEE
- Supporting the SBPA membership in their job search.
- Creating and maintaining the workshop training materials, scheduling and conducting the workshops and providing interview proficiency assistance as requested.
- Assisting or facilitating the training classes or providing other assistance supporting this committee each month.
- Promoting member inspired training modules to address members' professional needs.
- Assessing existing training modules and modifying modules to ensure proper training of members.
- Developing and implementing training modules that address membership growth and preparation for future employment and life.
- Analyzing and modifying training frequency based on membership requirements and adjusting training schedules to meet membership requirements.
- Providing manuals and train-the-trainer materials to assist members moving from training module participant to training module facilitator.
- Working with EDD to ensure orientation training continues to meet the EDD requirements and providing adequate insight to function and purpose of SBPA.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING COMMITTEE
- Supporting the SBPA membership to find jobs.
- Distributing EDD marketing materials, such as brochures, posters, and business cards.
- Enhancing the image and visibility of the SBPA, and its individual members.
- Announcing to the community the availability of the individual members of the SBPA as viable job candidates
- Developing and updating SBPA presentations, business cards, and brochures for directly promoting the group to employers, or indirectly through job-finding functions or institutions.
- Seeking out opportunities in the community to increase the visibility and prestige of the group, such as volunteer activities, job fairs, or others that promote the SBPA or help members find jobs.
- Creating and maintaining the SBPA website which includes general and contact information about the SBPA, as well as the posting of the profiles or résumés of SBPA members.
- Contacting media relations (newspapers, magazines, radio, television, public service announcements, and social media).
- Providing access and training materials for SBPA Google Group.
- Providing access to SBPA Internal Google Calendar.
- Managing creation and distribution of SBPA newsletter.
- Creating and managing SBPA employer/company database to help with internal communications and job search.
- Ensuring members are able to receive EDD, SBPA, and all other employment search materials (i.e. networking, job fairs, professional membership groups, etc.) that assist with employment opportunity search.
- Assisting all other committees with communication efforts within and outside the organization.
- Incorporating Information Systems aspect of communication to suggest and implement processes to improve communication methods.
- Developing job leads through alumni; networking (notifying members of current job openings).